In just 3 minutes, achieve the desired even, full-body tan, from our private, automated system. Whatever the moment – wedding, date, vacation, party or just because you deserve it – it’s always the right time to Mystic Tan. After performing 50+ million tans, you can be confident that Mystic Tan will give you the look you desire for every… style, mood, season or event.
PREPARING FOR A SUNLESS APPLICATION
- Exfoliate your skin at least 8 hours before your sunless session to smooth skin for even tanning results. Spend a little extra time on knees, elbows, feet, and hands.
- Shave at least 6 hours before your sunless tanning session. We always suggest shaving with soap and water only — no shaving cream, as shaving creams contain lanolin (an oil) that acts as a barrier between the tanning solution and the skin.
- Any waxing should be done 24-48 hours prior to your sunless tanning.
- If skin is dry apply a light water based lotion lightly and evenly to skin at least 2 hours prior to your sunless tan.
- Do not apply oils at any time prior to or after your sunless tan.
- Remove make-up prior to your sunless tanning application for best results.
- After your sunless tan wear dark loose fitting clothing.
- Do not wear wool, nylon, or silk during or after your sunless application and for at least 8 hours as DHA may react with these fabrics and cause staining.
AFTER YOUR SUNLESS APPLICATION
- Wait at least 6-8 hours after application before you shower. This will allow time for the self-tanning reaction to occur on the skin.
- Don’t worry if you see color wash off from your first shower, this is normal. What you see washing off is the immediate cosmetic bronzer and what is left behind is a beautiful sunless tan.
- Do not apply moisturizer until after your first shower, for this could affect the immediate reaction of the sunless solution on the skin and cause streaking.
- Do not exercise until after your first shower.
- Moisturize daily, especially after bathing, to maintain your sunless tan. For best results use a water based moisturizer. Don’t use oil based moisturizers, they can cause blotchiness.
- Do not exfoliate skin for at least 48 hours after your sunless tanning application. When you do exfoliate, do so gently and evenly to preserve an even sunless tan.
- If sun-bathing remember to wear a sunscreen. Sunless products do not contain sunscreen. Although you look like you have a tan, you will still need a sunscreen to prevent your skin from burning.
No Appointment Necessary